It’s pomegranate season, the ideal time to get creative in the kitchen with this flavourful fruit. Toss it with creamy feta and brinjal for a fresh dish that’s perfect for the upcoming warm weather.
- 2 large brinjals
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups crumbled feta
- 4–6 Tbsp pomegranate arils
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the brinjals in half lengthways and score the flesh.
- Brush the olive oil over the scored flesh, then bake the brinjals in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the feta on top of each brinjal half.
- Grill the brinjal halves in the oven until the feta starts to melt.
- Remove, sprinkle the pomegranate arils over the top, along with a sprinkling of parsley.
- Serve immediately.